Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1 Adjustment on state return - 511-A Oklahoma

OkieCPA85
Level 2

I have entered a Multi-state K-1 but have only sourced it to Oklahoma. Taxpayer chose to do composite returns for other states. Lacerte is calculating a number and inputting it on 511-A as a subtraction. The statement shows "K-1 Adjustment " as the description and doesn't have a calculation provided and when I try to jump to it, it just takes me to the Other Subtractions line where there is nothing entered. 

Anyone know how this number is calculated?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I've had that before, sometimes on the 511-A and sometimes on the 511-B. Of course, I can't find anyone now who both has it and I've finished far enough to have resolved it. But going by memory, it has had to do with Oklahoma depletion and/or Indian Employment Credit and/or treasury interest / muni interest for my clients.

I zero it out by making an offsetting adjustment to Other Subtractions (basically, trying to net it out to zero, which makes Lacerte forget about it entirely) and then do the return the way I want it done. That presentation isn't one that Oklahoma particularly likes, and responding to a notice with "heck if I know" or even "this is a bunch of things that the 511-A and 511-B has actual lines for" is not my favorite.

Don't forget to manually adjust for your out of state income or loss and any other differences between federal and OK K-1s.