Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Sch. C and Sch E amounts showing up on the correct lines of trust beneficiaries' K-1s

Maegan_35
Level 2

A trust has oil & gas working interest that is shown on Schedule C, land rent that is shown on Schedule E and royalties that are shown on Schedule E. However, the beneficiaries' K-1s show the net amount for Schedule C (oil & gas working interest), Schedule E (land rent), and Schedule E (royalties) on line 5 (other portfolio and nonbusiness income). I want only the net amount for Schedule E (royalties) to show on line 5 of the K-1s. I want the net amount for Schedule C (oil & gas working interest) to show up on line 6 (ordinary business income) of the K-1s. So far the only way that I have been able to accomplish this is to indicate that the taxpayer "did not materially participate" in the oil & gas working interest on Schedule C, which is incorrect. I want the net amount for Schedule E (land rent) to show on line 7 (net rental real estate income). So far the only way I have been able to accomplish this is to indicate that it is a "non-passive" activity, which again, is incorrect. Am I missing something? Is there a way to get my desired result (i.e. Schedule C working interest to show up on line 6 (ordinary business income) of the beneficiaries' K-1s and Schedule E (land rent) to show up on line 7 (net rental real estate income) of the beneficiaries' K-1s) without making a a ton of overrides in screen 43? 

0 Cheers