Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to look up a client through a phone number instead of thier last name?

clientinfo
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
mojocpa
Level 7

Try Settings, Display, Client information, then select the type of phone number you want. Then add it to the display on the right by selecting the greater than symbol. Then select  ok at the bottom. In the Clients screen select the phone number heading and drag it to the far left. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
mojocpa
Level 7

Try Settings, Display, Client information, then select the type of phone number you want. Then add it to the display on the right by selecting the greater than symbol. Then select  ok at the bottom. In the Clients screen select the phone number heading and drag it to the far left. 

0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
I just tried it and it works for me. I wonder why the unhelpful vote?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Because you didn't run over to their office and do it for them.  Lousy service here.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
clientinfo
Level 1
I tried this as well and was able to move the columns, however when I searched the phone number, it did  not come up. I do not need hand holding, I just left feedback, as asked to do, I am sorry if I offended anyone, I thought this was a safe place to ask questions.
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
There are more than one options for type of phone number, have you tried them all?
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Dave...you got the no vote because you are so, so wrong.  Your answer shows how to find THEIR last name.  The OP asked about *thier*.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers