Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a fix coming to Form 8903 deduction?

dale
Level 2

According to the instructions for Form 8903, the DPAD deduction on that form is supposed to be included on line 36 of Schedule 1. However, Lacerte is including the deduction on line 10 of the 1040. Ironically, there is a critical diagnostic [ref 36156] that says the amount on Form 8903 must agree with the amount on Schedule 1. The diagnostic is correct but the software is causing the error.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
ProSeries users are jealous ... for some bizarre reason Intuit took away the 8903 in ProSeries.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
They were gonna' replace it with B-2 maybe :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
B-4 B-2 was a problem, they canned 8903 in place of a worksheet for 199A. Lacerte has the form, but it appears to have some severe problems.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
brenth701
Level 2
Form 8903 Line 25 definitely not flowing right to Schedule 1 as it is supposed to be part of line 36 according to 8903 instructions.  Of course, I believe the only DPAD allowed anymore is for pass-thru from cooperatives, but I have a lot of those.  Lacerte has this deduction as a direct flow thru to Line 10 of Form 1040 taxable income.  Not sure if that wud exactly wreak havoc, but definitely seems non-advisable.  
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

It seems that this may be the same thing https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1799621-how-do-i-fix-critical-diagnostic-form-890...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers