Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 2022 software calculating yet?

lvanryzin
Level 2

I downloaded the 2022 Lacerte software and pro forma'd all my clients. I was playing around with one of them doing some tax planning and tried to go to the forms tab to see where their taxes due was coming in and I noticed that every tax form is a blank white page with a message "This form is not available for this release".

I updated my software and got the same message.

Is it not fully up and running yet? I thought it would use last year's forms or draft versions. Maybe I'm doing this earlier than I've tried to in previous years. I understand that forms are not all final yet, but I wanted to make sure something didn't go wrong with my installation of the product.

I use the desktop version of Lacerte.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

You want the page labeled Tax Summary.

lvanryzin
Level 2

I guess that works for the most part. Will the actual tax forms not populate until the filing season starts?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

They gradually show up. It takes a couple of weeks once the IRS releases a final version for Intuit to get their facsimile approved.

This time of year, you should not lean too hard on the software, particularly for things that changed significantly since 2021, or for things that may or may not eventually be extended.

lvanryzin
Level 2

Ok, I remember draft versions of the forms populating in prior years and got nervous that my software wasn't going to work when I needed it.

I don't typically try to use the software this early but the estimated tax feature in the 2021 software wasn't robust enough to fully calculate the taxes and all the implications of the change so I was hoping I could plug it into 2022 and see the preliminary results using current rules to make sure I wasn't missing a piece of the puzzle.

0 Cheers
scl
Level 1

IRS release forms in July.  I was just told forms will be available late Jan. This is unacceptable!!  They are more interested in raising prices then making sure we have a timely product. Prosystems looks to be the winner.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Many forms are now viewable, courtesy of the latest update.  

Can't file anything, yet.... but the IRS is still closed anyway.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"