Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Lacerte, program froze when trying to e-file an s-corp tax return. Had to close program. Now the client is inaccessible, says I have the file in use.

mrobcdr
Level 2

In Lacerte, the program froze up when I was trying to print an s-corp tax return. Had to close the program. Now the client is inaccessible, says I have the file in use.  I also cannot delete the Userxxx.LW9 file in the urn folder.

I found a solution posted by George4Tacks on 12-07-2019 02:45 AM

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mrobcdr
Level 2

The solution that worked in this situation was simply to close the Lacerte program and reboot our network server.  We had already backed up our clients before calling support.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
roster1
Level 1

I would make sure you have all your S-Corp info backed up.

We lost all of our input for the whole module yesterday. The problem started similar to what you have experienced so far.

Lacerte is still working on fixing it.

0 Cheers
mrobcdr
Level 2

Thank you so much for that advice!  I'm sorry you lost your S corp data and hope it can be recovered!

0 Cheers
mrobcdr
Level 2

The solution that worked in this situation was simply to close the Lacerte program and reboot our network server.  We had already backed up our clients before calling support.

0 Cheers