Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In case you haven't heard, Lacerte has released Form 8915F

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I'm old school.  Heck, I'm OLD. 

The old school of thoughts include the notion that a software would help x% of your need and you make do for the 100 - X.  In the past, X = 98 Lacerte.  X= 95 this year, and people scream. 

The new school of thoughts include "I want it 100% and yesterday".  I know.  I have grandkids.

Anyway, in the latest Lacerte update, 8915F has been released.

I proforma'ed back in January.  I did worry that the 8915E info was NOT carried over.  I just check.  It IS THERE.  Each and every dollar of $33,333 for the first client I checked - and ready to work on.  I have told her it might need to be extended.  NOOOOO.  It's there.  Hoo Hoo!!!  This took care of the sting that boo hoo Bengals lost....

One ALERT I wanted to share with you Lacerte users.  In Settings>Options>Display, Lacerte allows users to select forms to display in a column, and the a check mark is there for for clients who filed the selected form.  I set it up for 8915E.  The display was WRONG - clients who didnt file were flagged.  At least One 8915E client was NOT flagged.  Seemed to be random.  Some correct, some false positive, some false negative.... Sorta like COVID test kits...  I have alerted Lacerte.  Case number 1576668114.    

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

If Lacerte has released this form then why hasnt pro series. Do you suppose there might be a little surprise in store for us who use proseries and we might not  have to wait untill March 31st?

Heard in the grapevine that Proseries delays it on purpose because the programmers want to see some dude named rccoolxx jumping up and down.... 

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
rcooley25
Level 11

If Lacerte has released this form then why hasnt pro series. Do you suppose there might be a little surprise in store for us who use proseries and we might not  have to wait untill March 31st?

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Heard in the grapevine that Proseries delays it on purpose because the programmers want to see some dude named rccoolxx jumping up and down.... 

rcooley25
Level 11

Well they are getting their wish.

rcooley25
Level 11

AS I have mentioned before thru the grapevine Pro series have gotten their wish,

DonnaAbbott
Level 3

I'll jump with you, and I only have one client in this predicament but I had to do the return this week because they needed it to sign up for Mass Health.

DonnaAbbott
Level 3

For the price we pay for this software I want a little person sitting here inputting data for me. 

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I suspect people have different perspectives.

For the price we pay for the software, I imagine the programmers want us to make them coffee every morning. 

0 Cheers
DonnaAbbott
Level 3

I would make them a cake if they could get the 8915F loaded to ProSeries.

I am not even complaining about the 1310 or the MA 8582 not being ready until next week.

rcooley25
Level 11

You bake the cake and I will bring the champaign

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

For the price we pay for the software they shoulds be bringing us coffee everymorning.

0 Cheers