Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Partnership K1

rayc325
Level 2

Hello all,

Anyone frustrated with "solutions" from support? Sorry this is a bit long...

I had a major problem with importing a K1 to a 1040 from a 1065. I trusted the process and usually don't check the numbers that come in. I decided to double check and to my amazement, line 5 on the K1, Interest income did not transfer in to the 1040. I called support and after about 25 minutes the "solution" was "you need to put your cursor in the box and hit F1, it will tell you to what enter in the box". WHAAAT?? how was I supposed to know that? "I'm sorry sir" After I hung up I want back and tried it. All that F1 does is pop up a little explanation of what goes in that box. It does that in every box. I looked back at last year and looks like I may be amending a couple of returns thanks to Lacerte.

I had another problem when I changed type from individual to partnership.  All the boxes on the Partnership screen are blank until i scroll down through them. Or they overlay the individual clients. Weird. So I called back and explained both situations. Got a higher up support person. She wanted me to rename the Options file and restart the program there by changing all my options to the default options for status, printing etc. NO WAY. I probably spent a couple hours getting all that the way I wanted it. So I reset my old options folder and reinstalled the program which didn't help. If anyone has had this problem please let me know.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

Support sucks.

Not to add insult to injury, but it would have been much quicker for you to just enter the missing numbers from the K-1.

And always check the import. Lots of things don't transfer, particularly state differences.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
rayc325
Level 2

Yeah it would have been quicker. It's the principal. These types of errors aren't acceptable to me  😂