Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i just hit send on a return efiled, can I pull it back?

Need2no
Level 1

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you have a string long enough to reach the IRS computers, sure.  If not, you need to pray for the return to be rejected.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

No

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

So much for the string theory 😥

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I still remember how, in an episode of an old "Emergency" or 911- themed TV series (in black and white), the EMT (used to be called the ambulance driver) arrived at the scene and found a young man had his whole arm stuck in a mailbox.

The young man explained that he had regrets right after dropping a letter to his girlfriend in the mailbox.  He wanted the letter back.

It took the EMT (used to be called the ambulance driver) a good hour to get the man  unstuck.  The cop who also responded told the young man, "Once you drop it in the mailbox, you cann't get it back."

The story ended (a lovely melody in the backdrop) when the girlfriend came to the scene and promised the man she would not open the letter. 

It was a wonderful story.

Not as direct at @sjrcpa 's No.  Nonetheless, long story short, the same answer....   

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.