Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IA FORM4562A

Jenny8
Level 2

We have converted from Ultra tax to Lacerte.  Assets that came over to Lacerte for depreciation are not calculating the IA depreciation adjustment for items that had SEC 179 that were more than allowed for IA purposes.  I cannot get the items to flow through correctly.  I change the prior depreciation to be the amount that has been depreciated for IA but it still not coming over to the IA 4562A.  How do I get this to flow through correctly without having to refigure for every asset and manually figuring the adjustment?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Conversion often does not do a good job on state and especially state depreciation. I would encourage you to start with the conversion year (2021). lf you can get the conversion year to match up exactly, go to Screen 3 (for individual) > miscellaneous and remove the check box mark near the bottom of that section for converted client (proforma use only).   Once that is done, you can do the proforma to next year

That being said, I would attempt to resolve your issue in the depreciation screen (22) Scroll down to Regular Depreciation  Prior Section 179 ... and make an adjusting entry in the right hand column for St. if diff (-1 = none)

I do think you will like need to do every asset, but using Ctrl and down arrow, you can jump down to the next asset at that entry point easily (Ctrl and up arrow also works)

The first year will really suck due to the inadequacy of the conversion, but going forward should be  good.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers