Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to apportion income between Ca and Tn

kevinfoti
Level 1
I need some help apportioning income on a sch C between ca an tn
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

There is a spot on Screen 16 (and on 18 too I think) to enter a percentage for "source" income.  Code 501, if you speak batch.  Down in the "other Info" at the very bottom of the Section on the left side.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

There is a spot on Screen 16 (and on 18 too I think) to enter a percentage for "source" income.  Code 501, if you speak batch.  Down in the "other Info" at the very bottom of the Section on the left side.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am assuming part year, moving from one to the other. Use Ctrl + E to allocate gross receipts between TN and CA (two lines, one for each state). Depending on how much work you want to do, do the same with each expense item OR just cheat and make a few of the $1 for one of the two states to make the total shake out. Alternatively use screen 51 to make a modification for CA schedule CA to make it work out. TN has a HALL tax and the Schedule C should not come into play. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers