Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a preparer living & working outside the U.S. For several years, it has been impossible for me to submit by e-file client returns. Is there any to do this?.

RogerBF
Level 1

I'm a U.S. licensed CPA living outside the U.S.  I do work for ex-pats still needing to file each year.  Was told several years ago that, because I have no U.S. address, I could not e-file my clients' returns.  Want to know if there is any way to e-file.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Are you a US citizen or green card holder?  If so, you should be able to apply for an EFIN with a foreign address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Are you a US citizen or green card holder?  If so, you should be able to apply for an EFIN with a foreign address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
RogerBF
Level 1
US citizen; living overseas for the past 23 years.  I have the EFIN.  IRS kept rejecting my submissions because I had a foreign address.  Trying to find some kind of work-around.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
That shouldn't be a problem as there are plenty who have foreign addresses.  You may like to speak with the IRS live to get to the bottom of this.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers