Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a client that gets spousal retirement compensation on a W2 annually. The amount is in box 1 and also box 11. It is taxable. Lacerte is backing out to 0

loricpa100
Level 4
I have been inputting the same for a decade.  This year it is backing it out as a non qualified plan and making it zero taxable.  I do not agree and cannot find where / how to override this automated subtraction on the W2 worksheet.  I have deleted and reinput the W2 to no avail
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
loricpa100
Level 4

Called Lacerte.  The 1040 Sch 1 was revamped (thank you IRS) and now line 1 is blank and it is reflected on Sch 1, Line 8t

Posting this for anyone else who may have an issue.  Thanks for trying to help!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
BobKamman
Level 15

Is it putting it somewhere else, like as a pension?  Is this from a deferred compensation plan? I had a client a few years ago with one of those and IRS kept insisting he qualified for EIC.  So maybe now they want it shown differently.    

loricpa100
Level 4

Called Lacerte.  The 1040 Sch 1 was revamped (thank you IRS) and now line 1 is blank and it is reflected on Sch 1, Line 8t

Posting this for anyone else who may have an issue.  Thanks for trying to help!

sjrcpa
Level 15

Reading the instructions and looking at the return would have saved you that call.

Just sayin.

Ex-AllStar
loricpa100
Level 4

Um, has been the same for over a decade with this client on location and Lacerte input.  As I do not have many clients with the new Line 8 items, the instructions were not top of mind.  Yet thank you for pointing out what seems obvious after the fact.  Happy tax season to you!

sjrcpa
Level 15

Same to you.

Ex-AllStar