Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am the only Lacerte user in the office showing a critical diagnostic for attaching form 7203 and 1116 to e-file with the return?

DOWDnCOMPANY
Level 1

I am the only person in the office who is getting a critical diagnostic for form 7203 and 1116. I have to print the form out of the return to a pdf and attach to the return to e-file.  Even though the form is included in the return.  No one else sees this diagnostic but me and we are all on the same Lacerte update. 

2 Comments 2
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

It sounds like your workstation doesn't have PDF auto-attachments turned on. To check, open Lacerte and press Ctrl+O on your keyboard. Or click the Settings menu at the top of the program, then Options. Click the Setup tab and make sure "Auto Generate and Attach PDFs to EFiles" is set to "Yes".

0 Cheers
AnneRule
Level 1

I have a similar issue. The 1120S I am currently working on requires the 7203 to be submitted, but when looking at what documents are being transmitted with the efile it does not appear. I've made sure that the Option "Auto Generate and Attach PDFs to EFiles" (in both Primary Options and workstation Options) are set to "Yes". Additionally, the "Form 7203" option under the "Federal Tax Options" in the primary and local options drop down are also set to "Yes". With no other option seemingly available I'm attaching the form as a PDF to the return. If there is another way to resolve this I would like to hear it.

0 Cheers