Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to input a multi state K1 to a 1065? I can input only one state on form 23. How do I input the other state's items so the apportionment works?

loricpa100
Level 4
How to input a multi state K1 to a 1065?   I can input only one state on form 23.  How do I input the other state's items so the apportionment works?   This LLP has its own operations in CA.  The flowthru K1 has CA and ID (and NV).  I cannot get the apportion correct if I cannot list the K1 amounts for ID on screen 23?  How do I do that?  Or do I have to apportion by hand?  I just want to match the ID K1.  Too bad LLPs cannot participate in composite returns for ID.  Help!
0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
loricpa100
Level 4

I could not figure out how to edit.  I guess my confusion is it is apportioning everything on this return versus I just want to input the ID amounts that flow through from the K1 without including their other operations.  Is that not how you do it?  The ID return wants form 42 and seems to want the apportionment that way.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers