Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get K-1 import tool to differenciate between living trust and individual

MichaelPaz
Level 1

I am working on a client return, and he has a partnership which has 0.5% of ownership allocated to him and his wife, and the other 99% to his living trust. So 100% of the partnership will flow to their 1040 since he is still alive. This necessitates that 3 K-1's are generated. 

The problem with this is that now when I try to import the K-1's in to their 1040, there's a data conflict and the import screen refuses to let me import the taxpayer and living trust K-1 data from the partnership. I am assuming part of the issue is that the trust and the taxpayer have the same SSN.

Is there a way to get Lacerte to differentiate the two K-1's so they can pull in to the partnership income screen for their 1040? I'd really rather not do 2/3 of these by hand.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Nope. One import per SSN. I've got a couple similar, and entering by hand is faster than kludging a workaround. Import isn't 100% accurate / complete, so you still have to check for the weird stuff, too.