Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix Fiduciary Module Critical Diagnostic: Federal Beginning Balance Sheet out of balance?

The link takes me to charitable sheet.  But this is not a charitable fiduciary tax return.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Go to Screen 1 and look at the Miscellaneous Information section. You will hopefully see you as Preparer. What do you see for Type of Entity? You likely want either Simple Trust or  Complex Trust - My guess is you picked the wrong type. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

I marked the trust as a complex trust.   That is what puzzles me about the Lacerte's critical diagnostic message.  Unfortunately Lacerte's support team is virtually non-existent so I cannot send the the file to diagnose their glitch.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Either call support or use Ctrl + L to highlight the return and send it to Lacerte with your concerns about it. They will either use this to fix the program and let you know how to fix the problem.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers