Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change which format the K1 Slip Sheet uses

KTinFranklin
Level 2

Hi all, 

I can find where to edit the various slip sheet layouts (e.g. add keywords, move the lines, etc.), but nowhere to change which layout type Lacerte uses to print the K1 slip sheets, specifically.  They print in Portrait format, and our envelopes are Landscape. 

I've combed Settings/Options, Settings/Primary Options, and Settings/Slip Sheets several times.  And all the help searches I've done in the program and in the knowledge base here discuss how to change the default layout for slip sheets for only the Tax Return Folder, Return Mailing Envelope, and Tax Filing Envelope, or whether or not to print a K1 slip sheet with the K1 package AT ALL -- nothing about where to change the default layout for the K1 slip sheet.  

Any suggestions? (Thanks in advance...)

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KTinFranklin
Level 2

Rachel in Lacerte Support found it for me.  Thought I would post it in case anyone else finds my question when searching for this answer...

It's under Settings/Options/Tax Return.  In the top section of that screen, there's a dropdown at "Schedule K-1 Mailing Slip Sheet" where you choose Portrait, Landscape or Large window.  (Same choices for Tax Return Folder and Return Mailing Envelope slip sheets are at that screen, too)

Would be great if that answer could be found easily with a search of the knowledge base online or in the help function.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Not the answer you're looking for, but:

1. You could buy different envelopes.

2. K-1s can be delivered electronically.

3. The client can be responsible for distributing the K-1s.

Ex-AllStar
KTinFranklin
Level 2

Hi sjrcpa,

We actually don't mail many K-1's, mostly giving them to the client to mail or sending them electronically, as you suggest.  However, on the occasion when we do need to mail them, seeing that it SHOULD be possible to change them (otherwise, why are the various layouts there under Options/Slip Sheets?) and not being able to do so provokes my curiosity.  (And we don't really want to buy another type of envelope just for that...:))

0 Cheers
KTinFranklin
Level 2

But thanks, anyway!

KTinFranklin
Level 2

Rachel in Lacerte Support found it for me.  Thought I would post it in case anyone else finds my question when searching for this answer...

It's under Settings/Options/Tax Return.  In the top section of that screen, there's a dropdown at "Schedule K-1 Mailing Slip Sheet" where you choose Portrait, Landscape or Large window.  (Same choices for Tax Return Folder and Return Mailing Envelope slip sheets are at that screen, too)

Would be great if that answer could be found easily with a search of the knowledge base online or in the help function.

KTinFranklin
Level 2

Thank you for sharing the solution on this!  It WAS tough to find.

0 Cheers