Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access "master options" in stand alone installation?

Shellycpa
Level 2

This is my first year having to buy Lacerte on my own since I am newly self-employed.  I installed the stand alone version of Lacerte.  I want to add additional client status descriptions, but I do not have "master options" so the ability to add more status's are all grayed out.  Does anyone know how to help me?  Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

"because the ability to add/modify is grayed out"

I think this explains it:

Note: This feature is only available if you have a network license.

Here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/feature-preferences/help/adjusting-user-options-in-lacerte/0...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

You "master options" are just "options" since you do not have the network version.

Settings > Options > Status > Add, change, delete to your hearts desire to set it up the way you want. 

Also Settings > Options > Items to Print to adjust what you want your output to look like - Do you want depreciation schedules? Do you want the worksheets? ....

Did you possibly install a network version and you are standalone? If so, backup your data. Delete Lacerte. Reboot and then run 2020 Lacerte Web Setup to install again and select standalone when you do. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Shellycpa
Level 2

I installed it as a standalone. 

I can't add to my hearts desire because the ability to add/modify is grayed out.

I'll call Lacerte..thanks for trying though.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"because the ability to add/modify is grayed out"

I think this explains it:

Note: This feature is only available if you have a network license.

Here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/feature-preferences/help/adjusting-user-options-in-lacerte/0...

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Shellycpa If you use Ctrl + O what happens? Do you get anything that looks like 

Options 1.JPG

I am beginning to feel you selected Network when you did the install, but you are not licensed for Network. If that is the case my uninstall, then reinstall will be the solution.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The link I provided needs you to expand which part you want more details about. The "master options" don't apply to non-network and should be grayed out. You want User Options, I believe.

0 Cheers