Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you enter Section 1043 Conflict-of Interest Sales on part IV of form 8824 in Lacerte tax?

DSICPA
Level 2

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Looks like that whole section of the 8824 is unsupported by Lacerte. I think you're going to have to manually complete it and either attach as PDF, attach to an 8453, or file the whole return on paper.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Before we go further - Can you verify that your client is an officer or employee of the federal government or judicial officer of the federal government? 

This is a pretty obscure section of the form, do you really need to go there?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
DSICPA
Level 2

My client was an executive with Goldman Sachs. He left them and went to work for the Securities and Exchange Commission. He received a Certificate of Divestiture from the  US Office of Government Ethics for 5 specific assets to which section 1043 apply for the nonrecognition of gain. 

0 Cheers
DSICPA
Level 2

My client was an executive with Goldman Sachs. He left them and went to work for the Securities and Exchange Commission. He received a Certificate of Divestiture from the  US Office of Government Ethics for 5 specific assets to which section 1043 apply for the nonrecognition of gain. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe @sjrcpa or @PhoebeRoberts or @abctax55 have an idea of how to do. I don't see the solution.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Looks like that whole section of the 8824 is unsupported by Lacerte. I think you're going to have to manually complete it and either attach as PDF, attach to an 8453, or file the whole return on paper.

DSICPA
Level 2

Thank you all for the replies. That is the conclusion that I came to as well that Lacerte does not support that section of the 8824. I will manually complete that section and take care of it that way.  

sjrcpa
Level 15

I agree with Phoebe, of course.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Surprise... I agree (don't we all, always?) agree with Phoebe.

Plus this is something I've never, ever had to deal with in my practice 😂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"