Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view a return. Can't get past authorization for REP

joannep
Level 3

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

You have to pay the REP fee to view forms.

One work-around is to enter all 999's in the SSN (or FEIN) - you'll still have go thru the REP process beut there won't be a charge on your account (or, if they do screw up & charge you - you can have it reversed).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

You have to pay the REP fee to view forms.

One work-around is to enter all 999's in the SSN (or FEIN) - you'll still have go thru the REP process beut there won't be a charge on your account (or, if they do screw up & charge you - you can have it reversed).

( Generic Comment )"
joannep
Level 3

No you don't.  There is a way to get an unlock code or something like that but I can't find the procedure to do tHAT

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

abc and I have used Lacerte for more years than you have probably been in practice. What she said is correct.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@joannep 

Let us know when you find that 'other' way.  

Susan - are you saying we are a bit 'experienced/aka 'old'  ?????????????????????

( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

a bit. But affectionately. 😍

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Getting old isn't such a bad thing............. unless your name is Bob.  Then it can get you in trouble on a regular basis 😜

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'm accepting it now. It is better than not getting old.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I had an aunt that lived to 98.  The last few years she used to say quite often that it was h*ll to get old.  My standard response was always - it's better than the alternative.  As a side note, she made it to 98 while still living in her own home so she did pretty darn good for her age.  Her sister just turned 99.  The unique thing about her is, she was never married and lived with my grandparents.  She was born in the house she is currently living in -------------------- it is the only home she has ever known for 99 years.

Slava Ukraini!
joannep
Level 3

A while back there were some instructions to get a code to unlock the REP that was only good for so many hours or something like so,  but I can't remember it. Talk about getting old