Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn on the additional cods for line 13 in 1040 Preparation

eleanorcpa
Level 1

Lacerte under other deductons, lists O, dependent care benefits, , but then skips P Preproductive period expenses, but lists Q for Commercial revitalization deduction  from RRE activities, but then that is the last. No R for  Pensions and IRAs, no S for  Reforestation expense deduction,  no V for Section 743(v) negative adjustments, or W For other adjustments, or X for Section 965(c) deduction.  Is this a sign of slopping programming by Lacerte or is there a switch that I need to turn on to see the additional codes that IRS ?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

@eleanorcpa please ask full and complete questions. I finally figured you were referring to line 13 of a K-1(Form 1065). I am one of the many USERS that are likely to answer your question, so please help us to get all the info and not have to guess.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/schedule-k-1/help/individual-schedule-k-1-partnership-input-...

should contain what you are looking for.  I found this (thankfully) by clicking the Frequently Ask Questions for Line 13

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
eleanorcpa
Level 1

I read the reply and looked at the article carefully, and I think I was correct the first time. This is another example of Lacerte poor software programing and all other you who think this fine should not call yourself USERS, but LOSERS.

Eleanor Hansen

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@George4Tacks Thanks for your help on this. 

@eleanorcpa I'd like some clarification. Lacerte does not list Code P, Code R, Code S and Code V.

Is this correct? If so, can you post a screenshot so I can pass it along? 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

For @IntuitGabi here is a screen shot - In addition there are A, B, C and D

For any other user - Notice the highlighted section - MOST of the time clicking it will really give you some helpful information - at other times it just dumps you in this forum. 

Capture.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns