Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove Critical diagnostic Warnings efile: Form W-2: The e-file state Postal abbreviation is required when state withholding is present ref 3338?

PPECPA
Level 4

How do I remove Critical diagnostic Warnings efile: Form W-2: The e-file state Postal abbreviation is required when state withholding is present ref 3338?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Bobby200
Level 3

Does the first part of Wages (section 1)  have the state abbreviation?  OR scroll down to Electronic Filing in the wage section and make sure the state abbreviation is in the first box there.  Those are the only places I can think of, assuming you set up the state in Client Information, section 1.

Good luck!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

See image - Be sure to fill in the grid with ONLY 15 St and 15 Employer ID

Capture.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
PPECPA
Level 4

Thanks to everyone!  I think I figured out what happened.  Client attempted to 'update' information and added a new line for the State abbreviation and state tax ID number.  I simply deleted the w-2 from the input screen and re-entered.  I'm good to go now. 

thanks!

-Paul