Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I mark the boxes on Schedule E requiring yes or no answers for filing Forms 1099-MISC?

teamdrk
Level 2

On input, I can use a 1, 2 or blank, which responds on Schedule E in Line A and B, either a "Yes" and "Yes", or a "Yes" and "No".  I want it to say "No" and "No".

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

There are only 3 possiblities:

The default of a blank gives a No, (no 2nd answer since the YES or NO only happens if you answer Yes to the first Question)

1 gives a Yes, No

2 Gives a Yes, Yes

THERE IS NO NO-NO combo that follows the logic of the actual first question on Schedule E.

Notice the wording of the input "IF REQUIRED TO FILE ....did your or will you file..." No entry means you are are not required to file.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Negative one?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Nice try!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There are only 3 possiblities:

The default of a blank gives a No, (no 2nd answer since the YES or NO only happens if you answer Yes to the first Question)

1 gives a Yes, No

2 Gives a Yes, Yes

THERE IS NO NO-NO combo that follows the logic of the actual first question on Schedule E.

Notice the wording of the input "IF REQUIRED TO FILE ....did your or will you file..." No entry means you are are not required to file.

0 Cheers
cunninghamcpa12
Level 1

In Lacerte the option of 3=N/A actually answers Yes & Yes.  If blank is used, it actually answers Yes & Yes.

How do you get an NO answer to the first question?

0 Cheers
cunninghamcpa12
Level 1

Solved....there are 2 rental properties on Schedule E.  One is required and has issued 1099s, and the other didn't have any 1099s to issue.  Schedule E will show a Yes & Yes.

0 Cheers