Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I input withholdings of restricted Stock Units vested in Lacerte?

Phoebe07
Level 2

Employee had shares vested.  w2 do not show anything. E-trade shows the taxable compensation, deduction for release costs, as well as taxes paid (Federal- Medicare - etc.).   Where would you enter those withholding reported by e-trade in the supplemental report?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

They are in the W-2.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

You asked in two places, so make sure to read the replies (even in that 2 year old topic you updated). But first, you want to understand how the provisions will flow, so that you know where to look for the info you will need (from your taxpayer) to be able to complete that tax year.

I pointed out that Restricted Stock Units, Restricted Stock, and even Stock Options, all work differently. I recommended using google and search on:

investopedia rsu

so that you have reference materials you can keep on hand. And they even have articles for comparison, such as RSU vs Stock Option or RSU vs Restricted Stock, because these are not synonyms.

Please just keep updating this topic, that is yours, and that is Lacerte, and that is current. Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Phoebe07
Level 2

thank you for taking the time to answer me. I will take that in mind. I am going to gather more info and update later this post. 

Thanks!

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Unless it's an obvious exercise-and-sell transaction with a code V on the W-2, I have the employee get their final paystub which will show different categories of earnings and YTD totals.  See if that helps you tie into your e*Trade data.