Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find firms that use Lacerte in North Fulton County, Georgia?

NTCLINDA
Level 3

I will be moving from NY to Georgia, and would like to find a tax firm that uses Lacerte.  I am very knowledgeable with Lacerte's program and would like to work part-time reviewing or preparing returns. I will be in the Sandy Springs/Roswell/Alpharetta, Johns Creek area.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

I would utilize resources to networking, such as local business groups, chambers of commerce, city clubs, meetup, linked in, and simply try old fashioned introductory letters. And why are you limiting yourself to Lacerte? You can learn other software programs, review paperwork, etc, with the same skills you've gathered. Your skills should transfer more broadly than you seem to think of them.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
NTCLINDA
Level 3

I don't really know how to use all those things like meet-ups, community groups, etc.  At my age, I don't have the time or interest in spending all my time on the computer.  I do not want to learn a new tax program at this point.  My expertise is with Lacerte, so that is what I want to stay with.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15
George4Tacks
Level 15
At you age you should remember LET YOUR FINGERS DO THE WALKING!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

You can download a file of all preparers with PTIN's in Georgia, then sort it by ZIP Code.  Alpharetta is a town in north Fulton County -- there are more than 100 preparers listed there in ZIP Code 30004, another 100 or so in 30005.  Many of the listings have phone numbers and websites.  People in Georgia are friendly. I bet if you called ten at random, you would get twenty leads.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

And you might reconsider using this statement IRL (in real life): "At my age, I don't have the time or interest in spending all my time on the computer."

Because that is what is required for using Lacerte, and once you find a potential employer, they might even want to know about your social and professional networking (as I understand job searches nowadays) to include your involvement here, which would be a good reference, except for specific comments to the contrary, of course.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.