Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you remove "Client Discount" from the client invoice?

PPECPA
Level 4

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Here's my question:  How can you remove "Client Discount" from the client invoice?

I've gone into Settings/Invoice Setup/Additional Charge Description and then tried to delete the item (Client Discount) but I receive a message that states:  "Cannot Delete Default Setup File"

I'd like to remove the description from my Default Invoice Setup and only include this item on invoices where I actual provide a discount.  Instead of this category/description being shown on every invoice.

Can anyone advise?

Much thanks!

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

The only way I see Discount is if I enter it in the client file. It does not show up on my invoices. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
PPECPA
Level 4

Thanks for getting back to me George,

I think where I went wrong was I changed the invoice in setting/client invoice/additional charges and then manually typed in "Client Discount" in the additional change description window.  But now it's permanently included IN ALL MY INVOICES, when I only wanted it included in that one specific invoice.

Hoping lacerte can help out with this but I've become frustrated with their so-called support.  

Hopefully someone can help me out.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Settings > Client Invoice > Additional Charges > You should see your "Discounts" - Click on it and hit the delete key > Close and select Yes to save

EASY PEASY

I think support did not understand what you had done. Post questions here before contacting support. There are users with decades of experience with the program. We are on version 42 and I have used every one of them.

0 Cheers
PPECPA
Level 4

Hi George

Thanks again for getting back to me....but I disagree.  Not so Easy-Peasy

I did in fact do what you suggested.  Been-there-done-that.  In fact I did this long before trying to find a solution here.  

Settings > Client Invoice > Additional Charges > You should see your "Discounts" - Click on it and hit the delete key > Close and select Yes to save

This does NOT WORK.  When I select Yes to say, I receive a message that states:  "Cannot Delete Default Setup File"

I stated this earlier when I posted my question here.  Guess you missed that.

Any other ideas?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I did see that, so it would seem to be a problem with the file. Possibly it is marked as read only?  Find X:\Lacerte\21tax\OPTION21 > Right Click and select Properties > Attributes > clear the read only and save

Go back and try the change (Tax program can be open when you do this attribute change)

Have you changed your fee charges from last year? If not, you could import the 2020 invoicing and get rid of it, but that would mean some time to redo them. Settings > Transfer Prior Year Settings...  > Select Client Invoice > Confirm the folder to copy to > Click OK

0 Cheers
PPECPA
Level 4

Actually just figured this out.  I feel silly now for even asking for assistance.  I may have set this up wrong initially.  Settings/Invoice Client/Additional Charges/ and just click on description and back space.  It deletes the line from the form completely.

Thanks for all the help guys.

ISSUE RESOLVED