Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I correct error for ProForma Organizer Update from 2021 t0 2022

designy
Level 1

When I go to Tools and attempt to transfer 2021 clients to 2022 I get message "This feature will be available when ProForma Organizer Update is avaiable later in 2022."

Anyone kknow the solution?

I have already updated both 2021 and 2022 software release.

Thank you

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte does things differently. You always use the old year to do the Proforma and the Organizer. To prepare for 2021, go to the 2020 tax program. 

It is still just a bit early to do any mass proforma. I would wait until the 2021 program is actually functional, i.e. Schedules and Forms start to show in the Forms view.

Do a few that you want to do planning on, but hold off on mass proforma.

I "think" the organizer works now, but again - wait as long as possible to give the programmers time to get it right. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

Organizers are printed from the PRIOR year.... go to the 2020 software.  If the option is still greyed out, you need to update your 2020 program.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

2022 software does not yet exist....

( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

@abctax55 I hear a lot of people ruined it this last week. I have a dirty house this week because the took a quick jaunt over to your next of the whats left of the woods. 

One person drove from Reno to the Bay Area via Bishop and Tehachapi. About 12 hours, but at least they left some gas and food for the locals to use. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

Six days of intense weather; 5-6 FEET of snow at Lake level.  I've been here four decades and this span is in the top 5.  Add in folks who don't know how to drive in snow & it gets ugly.  With I-80 closed for three plus days east AND west bound, supplies became scarce.  Running out of gasoline and diesel makes folks nervous 🙂

( Generic Comment )"