Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting code E on Schedule B-2 (Form 1065) for a deceased partner

Essayons
Level 2

I have selected "Fiduciary" as the "Type of Entity" on input screen 7, but that does not put code E in the "Type of Eligible Partner (Code)" column on Schedule B-2 AND it triggers a critical EF diagnostic.

barbarap figured this out in December 2019.  See https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/1065-sch-b-deceased-partn....  I tried the solution in that thread, but I can't get code E to show up on Schedule B-2.

Is there another entry field somewhere I can use to tell Lacerte that the partner is the estate of a deceased parner?  

Why doesn't Lacerte just use the eligible partner types listed on Schedule B-2 on screen 7?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgreen8393
Level 5

In Screen 32.1 Partner Misc, for the Estate there is a check box under the heading 1065 Schedule B, lines 3a, 3b.  Check the box for "Estate, if fiduciary".  That should work.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

@IntuitGabi This seems to be an unexpected behavior. The program previously allowed for an entry, but that entry no longer seems to exist? Could you check with the programmers?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
kgreen8393
Level 5

In Screen 32.1 Partner Misc, for the Estate there is a check box under the heading 1065 Schedule B, lines 3a, 3b.  Check the box for "Estate, if fiduciary".  That should work.

Essayons
Level 2

Thank you so much kgreen8393!  I don't know how I missed that.  Tired I guess.