Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia Form 500 Schedule 3/Part-Year Resident Itemized Deductions

VeganCPA
Level 1

I am preparing a return for a GA part-year resident, whose itemized deductions are nearly 100% Georgia-source. I believe Form 500 Schedule 3 Lines 10a, 13, and 14 are coming out/computing incorrectly, and not recognizing the "Georgia Itemized" option that appears on the Schedule 3 that shows in Lacerte. Emailed Lacerte Support, and attached return. They believe it's correct, because the lines follow the Georgia instructions; however, the Schedule 3 that appears in the Lacerte software does not even match the Schedule in the GA instructions (no "Georgia Itemized" option appears in the instructions)! There appears to be a "Georgia Itemized" option on Line 10a, that does not compute correctly. I searched the Georgia Department of Revenue website and found examples of how to compute Line 14, using the "Georgia Itemized" method (even thought the Schedule 3 in their 2022 instructions don't reflect this option). I know how I want the figures to work out, but can't make the program do it. Either I'm wrong (was there a tax law change and GA has not pulled down their Georgia "Option 4" examples) or Lacerte doesn't realize this. Has anyone else run into this issue? Thank you in advance for your input. 

0 Cheers