Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 7203 "comment" from Intuit

abctax55
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/form-7203-s-corporation-...

Nice double speak...

I imagine many of Intuit's customers will be "evaluating" renewing their Intuit software next Spring (myself included..) if Intuit doesn't step up & provide this R E Q U I R E D form.  

The 'workaround' of attaching a PDF just doesn't sit right when we are paying for premium software.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

wheredidyouherethat?didthatcomefromthenationalenquirerorsomeoneatintuitorfromyourbarber.asasidenote,ifyouhitthecapslockonyourcomputer,yourpostswouldn'tbesoirritating.asanothersidenote,youdon'tneeda7203tofileasubsreturn.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

While attaching a PDF would be incredibly annoying, at least that would show that Intuit realizes that it is required.

But Intuit as has stated (1) that ProConnect users should just attach a generic Basis statement rather than Form 7203, and (2) that Intuit is "evaluating the filing requirements".  That shows that Intuit is COMPLETELY CLUELESS.  They don't even know what needs to be filed.  That is absolutely scary, and proves that the developers at Intuit are completely clueless.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If Lacerte already has a basis schedule built into the program, how tough would it have been to make the giant leap to the new form? Heck, throw in a computer programming class after our mind reading class on Wednesday evenings and we could do it ourselves after a couple of classes.

Slava Ukraini!

They are now deciding to "evaluate" the requirements? Just now? That evaluation should have been done long before now. 

I have been using Lacerte since 1994. I believed the cost was justified because their customer service was good and the software was accurate and up to date. I no longer have the same sentiments. It is really concerning that a required Form has just been ignored. What does that say about Lacerte? 

sjrcpa
Level 15

That's what I thought. Then I felt sorry for ProSeries users since I understand they never gave you a basis schedule in the first place.

Ex-AllStar
cweiner
Level 1

WE HAVE BE LACRETE USER SINCE 1994!!

THIS MAY BE OUR LAST IF INUIT DOES NOT WAKE UP TO REALITY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Yelling isn't necessary.  We are all a bit perturbed, but we are just the messenger here; we are not Intuit support/programmers/PTB.

( Generic Comment )"
cweiner
Level 1

I WAS TOLD THAT FOM 7203 WOULD BE AVAILABLE TODAY.

BUT, NO IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!

WE CANNOT FILE S CORP RETURN WITH OUT IT.

MAYBE WE CAN GET A  REFUND AND SWITCH TO AN OTHER PROVIDER

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

YOU ARE WRONG.......

The F 7203 goes with the F 1040 NOT the F 1120-S.

If you want to yell about K-2/K-3 issues holding up S-Corp filing, do it on a different thread.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

wheredidyouherethat?didthatcomefromthenationalenquirerorsomeoneatintuitorfromyourbarber.asasidenote,ifyouhitthecapslockonyourcomputer,yourpostswouldn'tbesoirritating.asanothersidenote,youdon'tneeda7203tofileasubsreturn.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Jeff - it's too late in the date for that; made my brain hurt 😫

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

An anvil a day will take care of that problem.

Slava Ukraini!