Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5695 has been released to Intuit Proconnect it's not released to Lacerte

SusanBradley
Level 3

https://accountants.intuit.com/supported-tax-forms/?forms=lc

Was released on 2/2 by the IRS.

What's the hold up?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

You will NOT find that answer to that type of question here. You are asking other users and they don't know anymore than you do about when Lacerte will do something. 

If a form should be out by the time you ask,  be sure you have updated the program. If that doesn't solve the issue, wait for the next update. It might even come out later that day.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
SusanBradley
Level 3

I update the program every Tuesday and Thursday like clockwork.  It's up to date.

I'm calling into Lacerte right now.  I'm posting here so that Lacerte sees the number of me-toos.  This is the latest I can recall that our simple individuals have been stuck and have been unable to be processed.

0 Cheers
SusanBradley
Level 3

I also follow the post that indicates when releases are available.  So believe me, I'm on top of when these forms should be available and when the program gets updates.  I am also the efiler of the office so I have to make sure I'm always on the latest to ensure we can efile (schema updates and all that).

0 Cheers
SusanBradley
Level 3

Program was up to date but had to do a force reinstall from the web and then they lit up.

I've had to do this twice this year. Of interest this is a Windows 11 machine and last year our main updating platform was Windows 10.

Every Tues/Thurs I install the updates from inside Lacerte.

I will now change to doing a forced web install to ensure that the updates are truly being installed because clearly they are not using the "inside" method.

Bottom line, if anything is weird - do a web reinstall.

itonewbie
Level 15

Was thinking it'd very strange if ProConnect's release is before Lacerte, which is the engine that runs ProConnect.  Just can't imagine that happening, until and unless ProConnect parts way with its big sister.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Lacerte (particularly this year) has updates on days other than Tues & Thurs.....

Gabi (or other employees) routinely post here that an update is available.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
SusanBradley
Level 3

Yup I'm subscribed to that release notification and had installed them all.  Now having to do a web reinstall on all workstations this morning as that's the only thing getting the forms lit up on machines.