Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 3800 for 1040

lori1
Level 3

Looking for an update on when Form 3800 will be final in Lacerte.  Have tax returns that are due to be submitted and payments made by 3/1.  The form was released on the IRS website over ten days ago.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lori1
Level 3

I see it is posted on the Tax Form Availability that Form 3800, Final form without watermark is expected to be released on March 7, 2024

Called Lacerte after seeing that and their help tells me that it isn't supported by them and I need to pull it off of the IRS website.  Not impressed, anyone else want to make the call 1-800-933-9999.

I have a 1040 due March 1, 2024 (agriculture/farmer), that this form should be included and right now shows as a critical diagnostic. 

Lets go - Lacerte!

Thanks!! 

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
alisonbianca
Level 2

Ditto.  What's the holdup???

pamelamittman
Level 2

Ditto here also - any status of when 3800 will be ready??

lori1
Level 3

I see it is posted on the Tax Form Availability that Form 3800, Final form without watermark is expected to be released on March 7, 2024

Called Lacerte after seeing that and their help tells me that it isn't supported by them and I need to pull it off of the IRS website.  Not impressed, anyone else want to make the call 1-800-933-9999.

I have a 1040 due March 1, 2024 (agriculture/farmer), that this form should be included and right now shows as a critical diagnostic. 

Lets go - Lacerte!

Thanks!! 

pamelamittman
Level 2

Will try calling today and tomorrow!!

My firm has at least 30 returns that have the 3800..... 

ChrisD4978
Level 1

I called today (2/24/24) and spoke to Belinda (rep), she stated she is hoping the 3800 is going to be released this week (25 days from final version).  She could not commit to an exact date.

Hopefully it's in before the 3/1 deadline for our Agriculture friends!

jrocke
Level 3

I have the same situation!  Need it before March 1!

lmmiller77
Level 1

The 3800 is now available with the 2/29 update!

jrocke
Level 3

Thank you for the heads up!!!

jrocke
Level 3

Does the 2/29 update fix the critical error for the IRS issued registration number? 

(My company has not run the update on our server yet, so I cannot access it yet.)

0 Cheers
Puravidacpa
Level 3

Form 8881 with employer contribution credit for a SMLLC SEP is not flowing to the newly released Form 3800 Part III Line 1j per the instructions of form 8881 on the newly released Form 3800 in Lacerte - anyone else coming up with this issue? Form 3800 is not watermarked anymore but it is not incorporating the credit from 8881...

0 Cheers
lori1
Level 3

I can't speak directly to that.  However, we opted to e-file our farmers in advance of the form 3800 being marked final after calling Lacerte again and them recommending we attach the form 3800 as a PDF to the tax return (after completing it from the IRS website), they had us clear the critical diagnostic for Form 3800, by highlighting the tax return, then by going to E-File; e-file Support tools; Disable e-file Error; then had to go back to the tax return and e-file immediately.  They said we'd have about 10 seconds to e-file the tax return after clearing the diagnostic. Seemed to work.  Frustrated with Lacerte and hope that this doesn't provide our clients with letters from the IRS.  

If you are finding errors with what they call a final Form 3800, I'd call them and also  submit a new question via Lacerte to make sure it receives attention.  I'd also call them for specifics on the guidance they gave me if any of that can assist you. 

I expect the diagnostic is now removed since they have marked the Form 3800 final and clearing the diagnostic as I did is no longer needed.

jrocke
Level 3

@lori1 Thank you very much for that detailed response!  The critical error still exists, I tried the same procedure you outlined to bypass the critical error that you detailed, it got rejected (by Lacerte, not IRS), spent 40 min on the phone with Lacerte, in the end they told me to paper file.  Called the client back in, they ran to the post office with minutes to spare.