Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1116 Schedule B fiduciary return efile rejections

Sue2
Level 2

Lacerte supports Form 1116 Schedule B for trusts now and is auto attaching it for the Federal efile.  However, my return is being rejected, and here is the message:  

"Reject: Error F1116-004-02: If Form 1116, 'ForeignTaxCrCarrybackOrOverAmt' has a non-zero value, then a binary attachment with description 'Form1116ScheduleB' must be attached to 'ForeignTaxCrCarrybackOrOverAmt' and 'ForeignIncmSection951AInd' must not be checked.

Resolution: If Form 1116, Page 2, Line 10 (ForeignTaxCrCarrybackOrOverAmt) has a non-zero value, then a binary attachment with description 'Form1116ScheduleB' must be attached to the filing.

Please be sure you are updated to the latest version of the program. Then, retransmit this filing."

I have run updates and the 951 box is not checked.  The auto attachment is named "1116 Sch B" not "Form1116ScheduleB".  If I manually re-name it before submitting, Lacerte re-names the file back the way it was before submission and the efile fails again.  I do not know whether the file name is causing the problem or if there is a different issue.  HELP!!!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Sue2
Level 2

It was fixed, thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2

Good morning. We appreciate you letting us know about this and it should have been addressed in a recent update. Let us know if you continue to have any trouble. 

0 Cheers
Sue2
Level 2

It was fixed, thank you.

0 Cheers