Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Version of Form 565

martinmilas
Level 2

Does anyone know when the final version of the CA Form 565 will be available to print? I know it can be e-filed, but it is still watermarked and will not print. 

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitAustin 

@IntuitBettyJo 

I think you guys owe us an update on this.... FTB released the forms and MANY of us are sitting on returns.

I'll reiterate that I paid in full for the software way back in July; it would be nice to have it functional now that we are already 17% into filing season.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @abctax55 

I will see what I can find on this and update you as I learn more. Thanks!

-Betty Jo 

abctax55
Level 15

😘  thank you, my dear.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ok, the state posted the final version and we sent a request to them 3 days later for them to sign off on our forms and give us e-file approval, they have not sent that yet.  I will let you know as I get additional info. 

-Betty Jo 

martinmilas
Level 2

Is there any way that Lacerte can be proactive and request that approval again?  It makes no sense  that we are waiting for an approval that other software providers (i.e.  Ultra Tax) have already received.  For a software provider that charges the fees Lacerte does, this is unacceptable. 

lenaxu
Level 2

Hi Betty, is there an updates on the CA Form 565? When the final forms can be allowed to be printed in Lacerte?

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abctax55 here is my reply for the CA form 568 & 565.  I reached out again just now, to see if I can get a more current update on timeframe. 

abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo  -  I assume you are also monitoring this thread?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/california-2020-forms-568...

( Generic Comment )"
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yep, just replied to that one @abctax55

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo  - yeah... I see we are playing tag team. 🤣

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

This is ridiculous. Cheaper software companies already have this form finalized. Intuit raises their prices each year and in the past few years I have had numerous software problems. I have been loyal but this might be it...

lenaxu
Level 2

@IntuitBettyJo  any updates? I know Gosystem released CA return yesterday and it can be printed out Someone also mentioned that FTB has approved the forms two weeks ago in the post below.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/california-2020-forms-568...

And we don't even has an estimated timeline from Lacerte regarding when the form can be printed. I called Lacerte many times, no one knows the answer and client is keep asking for the returns. Could you please give us an exact timeline.

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

I was just informed that the update for these forms in partnerships was released today, we expect individual forms to be released sometime next week. 

Hope this helps @abctax55 @darocco @martinmilas @lenaxu 

darocco
Level 5

Partnership tax returns are now finalized on ProSeries.

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologize for the delay, the individual forms were released on 03/02.  Thanks for your patience! 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers