Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a 1040X with PDF attachment

Hall95
Level 1

I want to file an Amended 1040 (ie. a 1040X) and I want to attach a PDF file to the amended return.    There is no mention of 1040X form within the forms offered for PDF attachment.  Perhaps just select "other"?   How do I know that the PDF attachment has been associated with the 1040X??

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Everything goes with the amended e-file. Link it to the actual form it pertains to.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Everything goes with the amended e-file. Link it to the actual form it pertains to.

itonewbie
Level 15

My understanding is that electronic submission of the 1040X will include the entire return.  The software is not smart enough to compare what has changed since the return was last e-filed and selectively include only those forms and schedules (unlike the days when we paper-filed).

On the other hand, if the attachment actually needs to be processed by the IRS, I would paper-file the 1040X.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers