Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCESS DEDUCTIONS ON TERMINATION DISTRIBUTED TO A TRUST

Kathleen1
Level 4

I have a trust that received a K-1 from an administrative trust that was final this year and distributed excess deductions on termination on the K-1 to the beneficiary trust.  Does anyone know how you enter the excess deductions off of the K-1 into the beneficiary trust return.  Unlike in the individual program, there is no specific place in the fiduciary program on the passthrough K-1 input to enter the excess deductions on termination.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
PKCPAMST
Level 5

For the trust return, go to Screen 43 Schedule K-1 Overrides/Miscellaneous. In the Sections at the left bottom, select Final Year Deductions (11).

0 Cheers
Kathleen1
Level 4

Thank you for the response.  However, I'm talking about bringing excess deductions into the beneficiary trust return, not passing them out.  It is a complex trust, so nothing is being distributed out.  I want the excess deductions reported to the beneficiary trust to offset income in the trust.

0 Cheers
COGS
Level 3

Kathleen, Did you ever get an answer?  I am in the same boat.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
Kathleen1
Level 4

No. I reported it on Screen 32 Other Deductions not subject to any limitations. It shows up on line 15a of Form 1041.

COGS
Level 3

Thank you!  Have a great weekend!

0 Cheers