Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Evaluating the requirements" for 7203? Seriously?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It is these type of posts that piss us off the most.  What you do mean you are "evaluating the filing requirements"?  The IRS Instructions have shown it is required since October.

@IntuitBettyJo 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/form-7203-s-corporation-...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/form-7203-s-corporati...

7203.jpg

14 Comments 14
abctax55
Level 15

Dammit Bill - ya' beat me to it 😂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Who is the “we” that is doing the evaluation?  And how many months have “we” been doing this evaluation?  It really isn’t a confidence builder for those of us that pay for Intuit software.😩

Slava Ukraini!
amec
Level 4

Honestly, I don't even know why this needs to be said. I mean it does, otherwise Lacerte wouldn't be pulling this crap, but yes, Seriously??

Have they looked at the form? The worksheets in the individual program hold only the smallest fraction of the detail that Form 7203 does. Not to mention the debt detail. And is far more useful to clients, if not us, in consistently showing how this calculation works. But none of this is the point.

The point is, this is REQUIRED.

And I have clients that are not going to wait for Lacerte to figure out that this is required, and that we are paying them to provide this required form and am going to have to start preparing this form manually very soon. Can we charge Lacerte for the extra time we can't bill our clients for that we have to spend on this?

sjrcpa
Level 15

I loved the "we are aware" part.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Does the next step go to the We Team or the Aware Team?

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know the Latest Update on this one. 

Lacerte is committed to ensuring that our program conforms to all filing requirements related to Form 7203.
This form is currently in development. 

We currently recommend holding returns for which Form 7203 is required. We will provide further details on filing guidance and form release timing no later than Tuesday, February 8th." 

Follow the News and Update post you linked above for anything new.

Cheers! 

-Betty Jo 

abctax55
Level 15

Now, was that really THAT hard to do?

Thanks for the update @IntuitBettyJo 

I guess it's nice to know we've been listened to - but it is EXTREMELY frustrating and VERY disappointing that it takes a mutiny on the part of Intuit's customers to get Intuit to just do the job we pay substantial money for them to do.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

but it is EXTREMELY frustrating and VERY disappointing that it takes a mutiny on the part of Intuit's customers to get Intuit to just do the job we pay substantial money for them to do.

I think it is more disappointing that the original post essentially admitted that Intuit has NO IDEA which forms are required to be part of the tax return.  That is absolutely scary, and definitely makes me think I'll be thoroughly test driving new software next year.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, those anvils have softened me up over the years.  I still feel bad for the Intuit people that have to face our wrath here because people up the food chain do stupid things.  It would really be nice if those folks were the ones that were made to walk the plank and deal with the angry hordes here.  But I hear that they are kinda like groundhogs - if they can see their shadow they don't come out of their bunkers.  Well, even if they don't see their shadow they still don't come out of their bunkers. 

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree.  The primary problem are the people that are in charge of the development team.  They have repeatedly show that they are incompetent at their job.

George4Tacks
Level 15

They now have  their digital pencils out are freehand drawing the form, even as we sit here and grumble.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/form-7203-s-corporation-...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

They need to hire some tax professionals to be part of that team.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

As a side note, will this post reflect negatively on us when we make our run at getting into the Champions program next year?

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

I mean it shouldn't but who knows with Intuit to know if they will care or not about it.