Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimates and REP Charges

martymj08
Level 1

I can't be the only one frustrated by this issue. I have used lacerte for years. But i'm frustrated with the fact that; every time I try and make an estimate file (IE: duplicate a client, then change the SSN to 999-99-9999 to avoid rep charges) I find myself in the same situation numerous times. The CTC doesn't calculate. The recovery rebate credit doesn't calculate. Many of the credits that hinge on a "valid social security number" simply do not calculate. All of the thresholds and qualifiers are ignored. This is beyond frustrating when I tell someone, or even when I'm reviewing my own return, and see a number that could be thousands of dollars different from the final tally when real SSN's are used. Does anyone have a workaround for running these estimate files/calculations, without getting charged a rep fee from using a valid SSN?

ANY help is appreciated.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Buy and use the Lacerte Tax Planner or BNA Tax Planner

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

l like TaxTools! Tax planning is only a smart part of the Swiss Army Knife of taxes gives you.

😀

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

In theory, there has historically been no additional REP fee if the client name and SSN don't change, even if the client number changes. In practice, you may have to contact someone in billing to get an automatically-applied fee reversed.