Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

estimated return or file 0s

I don't have books and it isn't likely that I will get complete or accurate books today.  Would you file an estimated partnership return or a return with 0s?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Neither method would result in a correct return and your name is on it, so I would not file anything.  Not a preparer's problem when clients don't get their stuff to us timely.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Neither method would result in a correct return and your name is on it, so I would not file anything.  Not a preparer's problem when clients don't get their stuff to us timely.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I tend to agree with Jeff.... but, why aren't the books ready?   

If there's a really good reason, the penalties for late filing might be abated.

If the client is just 'lazy'; too bad, so sad & perhaps a lesson will be learned?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

The Bookkeeper is notoriously flaky and has family priorities which she places before her client work.  This would not be a reasonable cause, in my opinion.  (The client doesn't yet have the will to fire the bookkeeper, contrary to my advice.)

The lesson to be learned is a point I regard, and I do hope my client learns it too.

Thank you kindly.

We do have a general notion that revenue is higher than 2020. But any numbers will be inaccurate by a factor which is unknown.  

I probably, to my fault, let client problems become my own. 

I have been trying to get the client to fire the bookkeeper.

I let the client know that they need to choose a different bookkeeper or choose me.