Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignature Paper fee

jerry
Level 5

After using eSignature for a few years, I finally got around to reading all 5 pages of the eSignature Summary file that comes back after the client has signed (I previously only looked at the first page, so see how much difficulty people were having with authentication).

To my surprise, I see that in the Summary, I apparently offer to provide paper copies to my clients for $0.00 per page.  That's not how I operate - they choose between mailed paper and eSig  (this is consistent with 1.6107-1(a)(2), "The tax return preparer must provide a complete copy of the return or claim for refund filed with the IRS to the taxpayer in any media, including electronic media, that is acceptable to both the taxpayer and the tax return preparer.").

If they want paper in addition to the pdf, I charge $50 for my effort, supplies, and postage.

How do I change this "Offer" of $0.00 for an additional paper copy to the amount I charge, $50?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
jerry
Level 5

Anyone??

0 Cheers