Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after EF - An item with the same key has already been added???

mikega
Level 2

Has anyone had this error show after sending an EF? I am having no luck finding any previous discussions about it. It is not affecting the EF transmission, just has us curious. TH

Exception occurred during EF batching client: ******
Problem occurred executing EF submission.

An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.System.Collections.IDictionary.Add(Object key, Object value)

at Intuit.EFile.Implementation.EFBatchSubmit.DoExecute(IEFClientSubmitInfo submitInfo)

at Intuit.EFile.Implementation.EFBatchSubmit.Execute(IEFClientSubmitInfo submitInfo)

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
bpgarwood
Level 1

I have the same error.  No idea what it means

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There may be a generic bug in the program regarding EF https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/ef-transmission-error/00/...

Maybe @IntuitGabi could get some feedback from the programmers

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
tkettlercpa
Level 3

I'm coming up with the same message. Any updates?

0 Cheers
jj1
Level 1

Has Intuit reached out with a solution?  I'm getting the same error message...

0 Cheers
tkettlercpa
Level 3

The efile I sent that generated the message went through okay and was accepted. I did a complete install of the program too after receiving the error message. When I called Intuit, the agent told me that I had done the proper steps. I don't have another return yet to efile, so I'm unable to determine if the error was fixed.  Seems like it is software related. 

0 Cheers
Paul N
Level 1

I just received the same error filing a 2021 1120S.

0 Cheers
IntuitBrittneyS
Intuit Alumni

Hey, have you tried making a copy of the return and e-filing with the new copy?

0 Cheers
Paul N
Level 1

I did not because the file transmitted but I'll keep that in mind.

0 Cheers
tkettlercpa
Level 3

You might want to install the program again - this worked for me and I have not had the issue arise since my intial post.

Tia2
Level 1

I have the same message. Will try the suggestions listed.

0 Cheers