Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic payment date not using date entered letter says April 15 even though I put in April 1st.

BearTax
Level 2
Why is software not using the date I want for electronic payment.
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BearTax
Level 2

Appears there must have been a change this year that the [FDD] from last year now needs to be [FDDO].  Since copied over last year letter settings it did not work.  Now it is

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

There are so many date override fields for auto-debits and they vary between modules and among states.  We'd be able to help you troubleshoot a lot better if you 1) clarify which module (individual, S-Corp, etc.) you're in, 2) say what state you're filing in (if this isn't for a federal payment), and 3) add a screenshot of your data entry.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
BearTax
Level 2

I am doing this for an individual federal payment on screen 3 under Electronic Filing Only Main Form.  I have check mark next to Electronic payment of balance due and for Electronic payment date (O) I have 4/1/2024 in the box.

On the letter it states the Payment will come out on April 15th.  

The settings of the letter is as follows:  The balance due will be directly withdrawn from your bank account on [FDD].

0 Cheers
BearTax
Level 2

Appears there must have been a change this year that the [FDD] from last year now needs to be [FDDO].  Since copied over last year letter settings it did not work.  Now it is