Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Election to use MACRS straight line method for current year assets

AnotherTaxGuy
Level 2

Client put qualified leasehold improvements into service in 2021. Entered into Lacerte as 15 year with method code 67 (MACRS 15-year SL Improvements).

I'm getting a diagnostic (ref 2000191) saying an election statement is available to support the election to use MACRS straight line method for current year assets.

Anyone using this election? Is it new for 2021? I can't find anything about it, and if its required.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

No election statement is necessary.  It is not new, and it has not been required for AT LEAST 20 years, so I  have no idea why the program gives that diagnostic.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

No election statement is necessary.  It is not new, and it has not been required for AT LEAST 20 years, so I  have no idea why the program gives that diagnostic.

AnotherTaxGuy
Level 2

Thanks TaxGuyBill,

Weird, no idea why its coming up this year, but I did take a look back in several years of software and saw the same election. So thanks again for the quick follow-up, that diagnostic was really bothering me.

0 Cheers