Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efiling foreign preparers with EFIN

Allan Howe
Level 1

Is anyone getting an efile error rejection when they put in their postal code. I am located Canada and was able to efile until about December 2019 for businesses. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

I recall seeing complaints late last year that Intuit removed the input for Canadian addresses under Firm Information, which caused some problems.

Did you try going to Screen 4.4 to input your Firm Foreign Country and/or Alternate Paid Preparer details?  I was assured by Intuit this should then allow you to efile with a foreign address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Allan Howe
Level 1

That's what I did last year and it worked fine. I am having problems with this year's software.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitAustin Hi, Austin, this workaround doesn't seem to be working.  Could you please give us an update on how this can be resolved?  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitAustin Hi, Austin, could you please give us an update when you return on Tue?  Thanks again!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Allan Howe
Level 1

I had to phone the office of the president of Lacerte to get it fixed. It turned out the 2nd level agents hadn't been trained on the setup. The alternative preparer form does not need to be filed in this year. and the postal code in my profile had to be set to 99999.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Allan Howe But Firm Information does not have a field for Foreign Country.  Are you just changing the ZIP code to 99999 and it works after that without having to make any input for Alternative Paid Preparer?

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers