Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efiling CA LLC returns

Diana2
Level 2

Lacerte is now tieing the taxpayers Social Security Number to the efiling of California LLC returns.  That means Lacerte will only let me file one LLC return in the individual module when I have always been able to file all six LLC returns.  I do have each LLC return set up as a separate client under the owners name.  I do not want to move them to the partnership module as I will be charged for each return.  Any suggestions?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

Are you saying that this process does not work for multiple filing for the same file?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/e-filing-multiple-ca-568-smllc-returns-fo...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Diana2
Level 2

Thank you George.  The article explains exactly what I have been doing with this client for years.  For some reason the new system is using the SSN of the individual owner rather than the FEIN of the entity.  I am guessing that I may not even be able to efile his individual return now as there will already be a "return" on file under his SSN.

0 Cheers
YOLOTaxes
Level 3

Isn't that supposed to be a new feature this year? You can file multiple CA SMLLC in one client file. I have not tried it yet, but I read that was one of the new features. 

0 Cheers
allybcpa
Level 1

It looks like you can do mulitple in one file now. This PISSES me off. I spent tons of time following their instructions I'm stuck with the extra rep fee where I never have any luck getting refunds one, struggled through getting everything printed all pretty and I have to put everything BACK to the original form where I had it all all because I followed lacerte NOT updated directions. Frustrating to say teh least!

0 Cheers
allybcpa
Level 1

and it won't let you file it that way either...thanks lacerte.

0 Cheers
JoeTaxTN
Level 3

Your link is broken - i can find instructions anywhere no matter what I search.  Any magic you can do?

0 Cheers
Diana2
Level 2

This issue has been fixed and you can now efile multiple LLC's in one client.

0 Cheers
JoeTaxTN
Level 3

It's great that it is fixed - now how the  hell do i find the instructions on how to do it.  This new message board is stupid.  I login thru my Intuit account login then I have to login again for this support group.  STUPID

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is new stupid link https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1040/help/individual-california-single-member-llc-frequ...

It is not real clear, but you can do multiple. The key is tagging that they are SMLLC at the bottom of the screen for the activity. Look for a check box in Other Information. Schedules C, E and F. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers