Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-organizer not downloading into 2021 Lacerte

EarlineLaBuy
Level 3

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Lacerte as 3 of my e-organizer would not import into 2021 tax program. No one at Lacerte could help me. Anyone have these same issues or have a solution?

10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

Only a suggestion, based on a guess.

Be sure you start Lacerte with a right click and "run as administrator."

Report back IF IT WORKS. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
EarlineLaBuy
Level 3

Nope. That didn't work, but thanks for the idea. I will be on the phone tomorrow at 7am with Lacerte to see if anyone else there can help me. It seems like all of the tech support people are really not trained very well. Nice, but keep having to do research on the simple questions.

0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

I've run across this in the past when my firm information was updated in the newer software program. In that case, you can try these steps to resolve the issue. Make sure your Windows Explorer is set to show file extensions to complete these steps.

1. Within Lacerte, press F10 on the keyboard to open the Tech Support Info window.
  2. Under the System Information tab, take note of the Data Path.
  3. Navigate to the Data path directory then open the Notes Folder.
  4. Locate the Organizer file for the client.
    1. If the Client Number is 1234 then the Organizer file would be 1234.od1 for a 2021 client ( od0 for 2020, etc).
  5. Right-click on this file and choose Rename.
  6. Change the extension to old and press Enter (1234.old).
  7. Select File -> New -> Text Document.
  8. Name this text document the Client Number and replace the .txt extension with .od?. ( ?= tax year, ex. 2021 would be 1234.od1)
  9. Open Lacerte and attempt to open the client file.

If you continue to have trouble importing the file, please contact our support for further assistance.

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also having this problem.  When I click View taxpayer information, the Accept and Reject Screen buttons are greyed out.  We can see the data, just can't accept it.  We did make some changes to trustee rights recently,  but all users still have organizer access.

Called Lacerte support on a Saturday and they are closed during tax season.  

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

This did not work for me.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
They are open 8am to 2pm PST on Saturday
1-800-933-9999

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, just realized the PST hours,  on the phone now

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

With supports help, I realized another staff member had already imported every screen. Our process is for an admin to print the E-organizer data to pdf and for preparers to import the data.  Looks like she had already accepted all screens.

I feel like a complete idiot, I didn't even look at the input screens to see if the data had been imported already.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Welcome to the very large membership of the Stupid Idiots Club.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Everyone is a member at some time.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers