Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File Georgia 500X Amended

scottstabb
Level 2

Does anyone e-file the 500x electronically when the the Federal requires amendment?  I cannot get any information from the Diag 50887. "only Georgia returns that do not require an amendment to the federal return should be submitted.   Support tells me to just disable the error checking.  They cannot tell me if this is a software limitation or a GA requirement.  I have a call into GA and no response so far. 

It has been suggested that we PDF a copy of the Federal and attach it to GA as other and e-file the Federal and GA separately.

How are you getting around this without having to go paper?   

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Mark both as amended. Send both electronically at the same time, Ignore the diagnostic. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
scottstabb
Level 2

bypassing the diag is exactly what I want to do, but our internal process requires documentation in order to bypass a critical e-file diag.  "The Diag is correct until proven wrong"  The diag is pretty clear that GA should not be e-filed when a Federal amendment is required. We need to make sure that Georgia will receive everything they require.  Will they get a copy the Federal? 

Perhaps this is overkill, but the procedures are already in place  

0 Cheers