Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft Versions in Early Releases

brenda4702
Level 2

It would be really helpful to be able to see the forms in the early release versions of Lacerte.  A watermark could be placed on the forms to be sure no one filed them before they were ready.  I often do tax planning with clients by entering their assets purchased during the year in the new Lacerte so I don't have to reenter them when doing the tax return.  I can only see the tax summary and not the individual forms of the tax return until they are released, seeing the actual forms would help in knowing my tax planning is accurate.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @brenda4702. Thanks for the feedback.  To stay up to date on Forms Availability, use this link: 2023 Lacerte e-file agency approval and start datesMany states requested that only final approved versions of their forms can be print from professional tax software, this is why draft forms have a watermark. See State requirements for printing draft forms from professional tax software. 

Hope this helps! 

***Did this answer your question? Press Accept as solution

0 Cheers