Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Lacerte intend to add Country Code "XX" to the available options for partnership returns prior to the 9/15 filing deadline?

Wanda S
Level 2

Per the 2022 Instructions for Schedules K-2 and K-3 released by the IRS on February 1, 2023, there is a new country code "XX". However, "XX" is NOT an option in Lacerte. If I try to type in "XX" it only accepts "X" and I get a critical e-file diagnostic .

Any ideas @IntuitGabi ?

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wanda S Make sure "Unknown" from the list of countries is selected. Are you able to get "XX" to print on the K-2 after making the selection? 
Thanks! 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wanda S Make sure "Unknown" from the list of countries is selected. Are you able to get "XX" to print on the K-2 after making the selection? 
Thanks! 

0 Cheers
Wanda S
Level 2

Yes! Thank you!

Is there is a suggestion box?

I would like to suggest the option of typing in the two letter code instead of the country name. Often, we only see the two letter code on the K-3 being received and for many that code is NOT intuitive to the actual country. Like "EI" for Ireland or "EZ" for Czech Republic.

I would also suggest putting "XX - Unknown" at the end of the list like "RIC - Regulated Investment Company" and "863b - Section 863(b) Gross Income". Or better yet, putting those special ones at the TOP of the list!

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, for product enhancements please vote and share your thoughts in the Lacerte idea exchange. 

Thanks @Wanda S, have a great weekend! 

0 Cheers